I found a great presentation about WordPress security which shows some great ways to harden your WordPress installation. This is very important if your’re hosting you own version of WordPress.
In this presentation you’ll find out about:
- How to do regular database backups
- Changing your administrator account user name
- How to change your security keys: ensure better encryption of your sessions
- Always update WordPress and all of your plugins
- How to create strong passwords
- Folder & file permissions
- How to remove the WordPress version number from your html source
- Enable SSL Login & admin access
- Limit access to specific IPs
- Change the Wordpess database table prefix
- Userful Security Plugins
Wanted to share it with everyone. Enjoy!